Diagnosed with acute tonsillopharyngitis. Redness, swelling. Ulcers developed in uluva. On ciprofloxacin. Treatment?

I've been diagnosed with acute tonsillopharyngitis a week ago and was advised to take antibiotics(cefurozime 500mg twice a day) and gargle with bactidol 3x a day. I noticed the redness and swelling of my tonsils subsided after 3 days but ulcers developed on the uvula. I consulted an EENT doctor on my 7th day on meds due to excessive pain and burning sensation at my throat the night before and it was confirmed. He changed my antibiotics to ciprofloxacin 500mg(due to redness of the tonsils,still?) twice a day and application of rowagel(topical anti ulcer) on the uvula.

Could the cause of the ulcer was irritation from bactidol use?
Will taking vitamins while on antibiotics help for a faster healing?

Thanks!
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013