Diagnosed with acute pyelonephritis, UTI. Mild hydroureteronephrosis. Is surgery necessary?

Hi :) I was at the hospital with diagnosis - acute pyelonephritis uti fer hydronephrosis - after i was discharged of finally being stable , i was told to have win in a month or so , radiology tests . I just got the radiology report saying ( ultrasound Kidney ) .... Right Kidney - 11.5 cm parenchyma is within normal limits . No hydronephrosis . - Lef Kidney - 9.3 cm . Moderate left hydroureteronephrosis . The mid and distal ureter is not seen . ----- Bladder Unmarkable . ........ Could you please let me know how am i doing ? What actions do i need to take in order to get better . Is it necessarily to have a surgery ?Why kidneys size are so much different from the other ?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012