Diagnosed with acute cholecytitis. Gall bladder surgery suggested. Suffer from fatigue and overweight. Any suggestions?

I have just got home from 33 hours on A&E having been diagnosed with acute cholecystitis due to 4 gall stones of about 1cm each. The surgeons told me I would have to have the gall bladder removed in a couple of months when the infection has cleared. I ve since been reading and have spoken to friends who have also had their gall bladders removed and all of them have said that the pain never goes away fully, and that they have gained weight. They also talk about having low energy levels. Is there any other way of treating gall stones without removing the gall bladder. I am already overweight and suffer from chronic fatigue , and I don t think I can cope with more of either.
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012