Diagnosed with acute bronchitis, administered methyprednisone, later had slurred speech, imbalance. Overdose of drug?

I took my wife to the E.R. a while back. She had been acting weird all day like if she was somewhere else.Very nervous,slurred speech,imbalance walk,just not herself.She looked tired and sleepy when i woke up in the morning.I asked if she was o.k. and replied yes. She rarely made eye contact with me the whole day.It all seemed awkward to me. Just couldn t quite figure out why.All day she had the sniffles and also asked her if she was getting sick. She said no.She had no symptoms all day or all week of any sickness.No cough ,no fever ,just no symptoms. Later that night she told all of a sudden that she felt sick. I told her if she wanted me to take her to the hospital and she said no. That whatever it was it would go away with a warm bath. Within 30 minutes after her bath she begin getting chest pains,nausiated,difficult breathing ,stomach pains,and fever. Right away i told her i was takeing her to the ER. She was scared to go to the ER. I took her anyway and the DR. gave her a steroid injection of methylpredinosone.The bill states the injection was 5 doses in one.The Dr. said all she had was Acute Bronchitis . Ive read that methylpredinosone is not needed for Acute Bronchitis.My question is Why would the DR. give her a steroid injection of methylpredinosone if she never had any symptoms of Acute Bronchitis all day or all week. She only got all the symptoms within 30 minutes. I have a gut feeling she may have had a overdose of a drug of somewhat. She says she don t do drugs and i want to believe her but her behavior and health tell me different.Please help! Thank You!!
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013