Diagnosed with acute bronchitis. Having severe rib pain. Hurts to touch, cough, sneeze. Cause?

I was diagnosed with acute bronchitis . I am suffering with severe rib? pain. It feels like my ribs are broken. I had xrays taken two different times and both times they came out normal. However, I still suffer with the pain. It s been about 2 weeks now. It hurts worse when I cough or sneeze . It hurts internally & to touch or press on it from the outside. I was looking at costrochonritis (sp?) and Tietze syndrome . They look like maybe possible causes of my symptoms. I hurt from all the way on the left to the far right under my breasts mainly. Do you know any other reason for this pain? Or how to get rid of it? Pain meds do not help. Nothing does.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013