Diagnosed with abdominal TB, suffering with dry cough, fever and pain in abdomen. Is the treatment right ?

Hi Doctor, My sister is 21 years old. She has been diagnosed with abdomial tb after a blood test . Since the last 2 weeks she has been suffering from severe dry cough , fever on and off and pain in the abdomen . I have two questions:1. Do you suggest we go for another test for a confirmation before we begin the treatment, given that treatment involves administering very strong drugs and 2. What duration do the treatments usually span and how effective they are? Could you help us with some well known places in India for the treatment? I m very scared regarding this situation of hers. Please suggest. Thank you!
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013