Diagnosed with a 4.5 AAA, type 2 diabetic, HTN, requires bypass valve replacement. Chances of complication ?

My father was recently dx with a 4.5 AAA during a routine CT ordered by his MD due to Age: 74, Type11 Diabetic, HTN, smoker Subsequently he was sent to a Vascular Surgeon who also decided to do an ECHO it was then found out he will be needing bypass, valve replacement and pacemaker (HR below40) Today he is having an angiogram do decide the level of bypass. My question is due to him being in McAllen at the Heart Hospital and I’m in MN. The procedure began at 10:00am and it is now 11:30. What are the chances of complications and needing to be brought to surgery or do you feel 1.5 hours is normal? I was under the assumption it took 40-60 min. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012