Diagnosed with UTI, prescribed Augmentin and changed to Nitrofurantoin. Reason for change of tablet?

Hi I have recently been diagnosed with urinary tract infection I was prescribed Augmentin which I took for 5 days but when the result of the water test came back I was prescribed Nitrofurantoin 12 tablets. I have now finished the course but do not feel it is completely gone. Should I return to the doctor I finished the tablets yesterday. I also wondered why the anti biotics were changed what is the difference. Many thanks. I stopped taking the Augmentin 2 days before the end of the course on the doctors instructions to begin the new Nitro tablets.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013