Diagnosed with TB, getting treated. What does the result tell? Treatment?

Hi My mother was recently diagnosed with TB and is recieveing treatment currently. Since I had been in contact with her before the diagnoses was known Dr suggested I take a skin and xray test. My skin test showed 18mm, prior in 2009 I had a skin test and result was 10mm only. My xray showed that my lungs were remarkably fine. I just want to know why did the skin test result show higher mm and does this all mean that I have latent TB? And do I need to start a treatment? I m a 25 yr old woman.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012