Diagnosed with Strep infection after fever, hives and pneumonia. What to do about joint pain?

My 11 year old. April 13 diagnosed with Strep infection after 11 days of fever and antiobiotics diagnosed pneumonia. she was hospitalized for 3 days. It was some virus and bacterial pneumonia . Also broke out in hives all over her body, had joint pain and ear pain. we all assumed that was due to 15 day high fever. Since then she had 2 bouts of a strange virus (?) began with ear pain, splotchy raised rash on arms, follwed by pain on her feet and wrists. within 2 days developed fever. 100-102 range. Joint pain radiated to fingers-so severe she cant move them-same with her feet. rash turned lacy on arms and remained splotchy on legs. Now its all over her body. Eyes were red no discharge. Face seems fine. Tad red in cheeks. No other symptoms. Pain in joints moves-now its in her shoulder and its hot to touch. No throat pain, drinking, eating, well hydrated. Dr seems to think its Allergy to something. Its not really hive like and not itchy. The joint pain is so severe and where there is pain the red lacy rash remains. It is fading now and she s getting better but what can this be? This lasted 3-4 days last time too.
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012