Diagnosed with SLE Lupus. Swollen lymph node under collar bones. When to take blood test?

I have just been diagnosed with SLE Lupus and have a huge sore on the top of my tongue and in my nose and have swollen lymph nodes under my collar bones. Would this be considered a flare. I have blood work I have to go do for my Rheumatologist when I am in a flare. Ive been sick for 20 years and have just been diagnosed so Im kind of confused exactly when to do this blood work. They moved my Prednesone down from 20mg twice a day to 10 mg twice a day and I have been feeling quite unwell since with fevers and my joints are really bad right now. Just not sure what to do exactly or when exactly to do the blood work?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013