Diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Having no symptoms. Side effects of methotrexate and other options for treatment?

I am 38 female recently diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis . I have been told I have extreme levels in my blood and a type of RA that is dangerous because I don t feel the pain so I would not be able to treat the symptoms as need so now taking inflamitory drugs every day along with folic acid and methotrexate . I am slightly concerned of the sided effects of Methotrexate and was wondering are there other options for me for treatment.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012