Diagnosed with Renal cell carcinoma, left kidney removed. Have Renal vein cancer and spots in lungs. Is it concern for liver metastasis?

My husband was diagnosed with stage 3 renal cell carcinoma 6/2011. His left kidney was removed. In 3/2012 a second surgery removing more of the renal vein was necessary and was found to be cancer; however it was deemed successful because margins were negative. Two spots in lungs were found this January a repeat ct scan shows no additional growth but mentions at least two hypodensity areas in liver. Are hypo densities a concern for liver metastasis?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013