Diagnosed with RND after recurring lower back pain. Why are stools hard?

My daughter has had pain in her lower back for a few months. After many scans and blood work they diagnosed her with RND. A few months back she also complained of her bowels hurting at times. Now the past few weeks she says it feels like rocks coming out mixed in with her stool . I put one in a baggy and it feels like a little rock. She is 13 1/2 had her appendix removed in May also. Any ideas what this could be, she also has started having 3 bowel movements a day.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012