Diagnosed with RMSF, have stinging feeling followed by random lumps over body, advised biopsy. Would this be a product of RMSP?

My Sister who is living in Arkansas just told me she was diagnosed with RMSF. She has random lumps appearing all over her body. She said “just before the bump appears I get a stinging feeling like a bee sting” then the bump will appear. Some of the “bumps” are hard and some are soft. The bumps that are hard will remain and if the bump is soft it will go away. She has been treated by a doctor for RMSF but contracted the infection in August of this year and was found until September. My question is with the appearance of the bumps. She said they are about the size of a grape and will appear anywhere at any time but is always preceded by the stinging feeling. Her doctor said I wish I could see this happen and before the visit was over one appeared on her leg. Her doctor is asking for a biopsy of the bump. Would this be a product of RMSP? She is 47years, fair health, over weight and a smoker. Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012