Diagnosed with RA, taking steroids. Knee stiffness and swelling. How long will I be able to survive?

hi, i m 45 yrs old mother diagnosed with ra last year. Initial 3 months i was on steroids but i m taking hcqs every night and those vitamin and mineral supplements . i am very much active doing walking+ stretching for 45 minutes daily my left knee is the most affected part from the begining . i feel stiffness occasionally and there is little swelling also on the side of the both knees. my doctor always motivates me by saying i m responding well but i worried little if not much about my health and how long i will be able to survive with ra.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jun 2012