Diagnosed with PTSD. Taking lexapro and diazepam. How can I stop medication?

I have diagnosed PTSD, my meds were changed 2 weeks ago to Lexapro and diazapam when needed,I haven t been able to get back to the doc to check in as I know I was supposed too because of floods in my neck of the woods. Along with the med change I m being ├źncouraged to start seeing the psychologist again as I haven t been to see him for nearly 3 years. I didn t want to start taking meds again or seeing the psych doc, now the meds are making me feel all over the place. I feel that all the good work I did a few years back to get on top of the PTSD has been for nothing, I m back where I started that normal with PTSD? Seems like one step forward and a whole heap back.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013