Diagnosed with PFO. Fainted, reason? Why headaches, lightheaded, palpitations. Related to?

My son is 13 yrs old. He was diagnosed with a PFO a few years ago, which we didn t have any knowledge, as we are trying to figure out the reason of him fainting a few times and battle migranes for over 3 years. The symptoms seem to come and go in the past however this time they don t seem to go away. He has been complaining of dizziness , tiredness, lightheaded, headaches , fast palpitations while at rest and a sharp pain on the left side of the chest while exercising. As simple as fast walking from the front door to the mailbox seems to be pretty painful. The first time we went to the cardiologist he told us that having a PFO should not cause any trouble at all in his normal every day tasks. Our son is very athletic, eats healthy and sleep well. We had gone through this path previously and we always get dismissed assuring us that he is fine. Should I listen to my instinct and look into this matter a bit further? I feel that there is something that we are missing out of the picture. Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 30 Sep 2012