Diagnosed with PCOS. Gained weight, pimples, upper lip hair. Taking Diane. Help?

Hi I have been diagnosed with PCOS and have recently gained weight ( BMI is now 28) which I am thinking was one of the causes as it is not hereditary. I am 25 and definitely want kids in the next 5 years. I have been prescribed the Diane pill (a form of contraceptive ) to make my periods regular as they were not and also to decrease my very mild symptoms of PCOS which are a few pimples and unwanted upper lip hair. With daily excercise and a low white carb, low processed foods low sugar diet help me be free of PCOS? Is taking Diane the right thing to do for the time being - will i ovulate when I stop taking them after about 6 months?? My doctor was not helpful with these questions I seek guidance!!
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013