Diagnosed with Menieres disease, severe vertigo. Had episode of vertigo after applying antifungal for athletes foot. Normal?

Hi Dr. Grief, I have been diagnosed with Menieres disease several years ago, and have experienced numerous episodes of severe vertigo ( room spinning and terrible vomiting for up to two hours at a time) during this time. Usually - the vertigo is under control now and I can go for many months without a severe episode - but- every time -without fail - that I use any type of topical treatment like an atheltes foot antifungual or even Preparation H or any kind of liniment or ointment for sore muscles it brings on a severe episode of vertigo and some of them are really terrifying. I have been to two local physicians and they say they have never heard of such a thing and have no helpful information. I am taking several prescribed meds that I can list if you need them. Have you ever heard of this condition?
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012