Diagnosed with MS. Numb fingers and feet, blurred vision, detached retina. Will I be okay?

I was diagnosed with MS about 4 months ago. My feet and fingers on my left side are permanently numb. The consultant said if I had any more symptoms I had to go to my local GP who would would give me steroids or appropriate drugs. I telephoned for an appointment this morning as I have blurred vision . It was a locum who wouldn t prescribed until I have been to a local eye hospital to see if I have a detached retina . My consultant has said it was urgent to get prescribed drugs to slow down the MS. What should I do?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013