Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with MRSA. Painful pus filled boils in the genital area. How does it spread?

I'm a recently returned Peace Corps volunteer, and I experienced occasional painful, pus-filled genital boils during the last 3 months of service. I came home about a month ago and went to my OBGYN, and a culture revealed that I have MRSA. How contagious is this? Can it be spread other than through contact with the infected area?
Asked On : Tue, 21 May 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Diabetologist 's  Response

Any infection is contagious through close contact.
MRSA is Methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus.
Penicillin group of antibiotic will not be effective against the infection.
So a higher group of antibiotics should be used.
Treat the infection completely with full course of effective antibiotic.
Answered: Wed, 22 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor