Diagnosed with Lyme, weakness, poor balance, nerve damage. On oxycodone. Seen a neurologist. What is the solution?

My 88 year old mother was finally diagnosed with Lyme about 5 years ago and it was determined that she had it for years before diagnosis. She is very weak and tired and has a lot of problem waling straight (poor balance). She has seen a neurologist at Lahey this year but he basically said there was nothing he could do. She originally got 30 days of IV antibiotics to kill the active Lyme but I believe that it has done a lot of nerve damage to her legs and she is very discouraged because she is still very active. Would long term antibiotics possible help her situation.? She has to take 1 or 2 oxycodone 325mg daily in order to just function and to get enough relief to sleep at night. Could you recommend a specialist in NH that I could take her to?
Thank You,

Mike
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013