Diagnosed with Labyrinth is infection. Feeling weak, dizzy, fever and head swollen up. Is this normal?

My partner just came out of hospital a week ago and was diagnosed with Labyrinthtis infection. His left side of face palalysed and drooped down, and left side of body weak, dizzy, fever , vomitting, headache etc. Now tonight his left side of head has swollen up and he is complaining of a thumping headache. IS this normal? Or should I take him into A & E
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013
Oct 2013
hello dear ,
thanks for your query at health care magic,
your friend have been diagnosed to be having labrynthitis all symptoms are because of that fever, headache , dizziness , vomiting.
there is possibility of soreading of infection from ear to brain , then there can be high grade fever and altered sensorium .
if you feel that symptoms are not subsiding on medication immediately go for further investigation .
thank you.