Diagnosed with Klebsielle pneumoniae vaginal infection. Taking antibiotics, no relief. Is Cipro effective?

Hi, I have been diagnosed with Klebsielle pneumoniae as a vaginal infection. My doctor wants to prescribe Cipro. It is not listed as an antibiotic that can wipe this out and I am waiting for her to call me back so we can talk. I have had the infection for 3 months with many antibiotics and nothing worked. This is a different doctor, bc the other gave up. Is Cipro, in your opinion going to be effective? And what is the cause of it. I didn t find much about it being vaginal.
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012