Diagnosed with Interstitual lung disease. Was given 4 years life span. Has completely given up. Recommendations?

My sister in law came to live with us because she was dignosed with interstitual fibrotic lung disease. She was told 4 years ago about it and then they told her that her live expectancy was 4 years! So as soon as she hit the 4 year mark, she started going down hill fast. She is now on oxygen 24 hours a day, and she refuses to do anything. I have to get her everything. She can and will walk to the kitchen and do for herself if I am not around, but she told me I was taking time off of her life by making her get up and walk 4 steps to the bathroom. She wanted a pottie to sit in the living room beside her chair, and I told her no, she was able to go to the bathroom. I think she has given up. She told her new doctor that I found for her, when she moved here, that she wanted the Lord to take her home, and he told her she wasnt going anywhere for a long time. She doesnt understand why the old dr told her that she should be dead right now, and this dr is saying he can help her. The new dr sent a physical therapist out and she refused to even do feet and leg exercises while she was reclined in her chair. They told her that there was no sense in them coming back out if she wasnt going to do anything. He sent her a walker out and she refuses to use it. She told me to call them and tell them to pick it back up, she wasnt using it. I want to know what she is capable of doing but just isnt and what is the life expectancy of this disease. Als, the nurse told her to do breathing exercises, just take deep breathes in, and then cough it all back out, so it would get the phlem out of her lungs and she wont do that. Will anything help her get better at all? She tells me all the time she wants to die and I really think she just isnt doing these things because she is trying to get worse and die. She said that nothing she does is going to help her.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013