Diagnosed with IgA nephropathy. Back in spasm after falling. Advised by nephrologist to take NSAIDS. Suggestions?

47 year old female with recent diagnosis of IgA nephropathy (years of microscopic blood in urine , sudden high bp after always having very low bp, and protein in urine ). Now that we know source of increased bp, I am in the process of ramping up dosage of ramapril (have been on bystolic with great success, and have had previous bad reaction to lisinipril. Trying to reduce stress, become gluten free and get back to more rigorous exercise. History of low back and hip problems due to mild scoliosis and leg length discrepancy. Sipped and fell hard onto butt two days ago.... Back is In spasm. Neph has told me never to take NSAIDs but in agony....heat helps but only temporary.... HATE narcotic pain relievers. Can I take NSAIDs???
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012