Diagnosed with ITP, taking Azathioprine. Advised for Splenoctomy. Does intercourse reduces platelet count?

Hello doctor, I m diagnosed with ITP 4 months back and taking oral medication Azathioprine for last 45 days. But my platelets count is not satisfactory , they are almost under 20,000. My doc is planning for splenectomy after couple of months. However I m reluctant to do that in such a short period of time. And wanted to have more steroids for next couple of years. What should I do? And my urgent quarry is that Is sexual intercourse reduces platelets count since I have regular sexual contact after diagnosed ITP ? .
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012