Diagnosed with IBS. Passed string like thing in stools. What could it be?

Hi, I recently developed gastritis and was diagnosed with IBS . I am working with a Naturopath to see if there are food sensitivities because we believe there are. Just tonight I passed somethign in my stool that literally looked like string. I m reading mixed reviews on the internet whether this could be a worm or some say it s dead fungus from candida overgrowth. I m just wondering how long to keep an eye on this and whether or not to worry. This is a new development. This is what somebody referred to it as: dead ephitelial tissue caused by an active fungal infection . Candida invades and digests tissues when infects them.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013