Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and PCOD, prescribed Cetapin XR causing nausea, fatigue and diarrhea. Side effects?

im a 25 yr old clinical psychologist, been diagnosed with hypothyroidism since 10 yrs, and PCOD since about 5 years. i was prescribed CetapinXR ( metformin )500, 1-0-1 for my PCOD. since then i have severe nausea, fatigue , diarrhea. my functioning is getting affecting. im also having occasional bouts of breathlessness, and once my BP came down to 90/60 2 days ago. these symptoms may or may nt be connected. but then im not an endocrinologist . my doctor refuses to listen, and writes CST all the time. i had tried stopping this medications, and i didnt have the above mentioned symptoms, but then my period stopped, and i gained 7 kilos in 2 months so then i had to restart. is there any way out of this?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013