Diagnosed with Hyper thyroid, swelling in ankle and foot with a fast heart beat. Will going to gym strengthen muscle?

Hi, I have been diagnosed with hyperthyroid ...I ve been on Neomercazole for about a week, my ankles and mainly right foot swell and give me shooting pains, my legs are weak as are all my muscles, I tremble all day, have many many more troubles too but I was wondering if going to the gym to strenghten muscles is recomended? I used to go a lot but became too tired to do anything after work since a year back or so. My heart beat is very fast and strong nearly all the time.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013