Diagnosed with Hiatal Hernia. Belly button is gone. Finger went into knuckle. Why is it?

I was just diagnosed with a Hiatal Hernia and I just noticed this morning that my belly button is gone. I am pretty heavy(210lbs) and I could touch my "inny" with just the tip of my finger. Today, though my finger went in to the last knuckle (maybe 2-3") and it could have gone further. Felt like an eternal well. Scared the begibies out me but I couldn't get into my doctor. What is it and why did it happen and is it connected to the Hiatal hernia? Please help. Thank YOu
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013