Diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease. Enlarged thyroid glands. Have mood swings and fatigue. Prescribed with synthroid. Am I depressed?

I started going to an Endocrinologist about 4 months ago and he told me that I have Hashimoto s Disease leaning more towards the hypothyroid side of things. My thyroid was 2 times the size it should be and I was having all the moodiness, tiredness, and hoarseness that is usual with hypothyroidism . He prescribed me 50mg of Synthroid to take once in the morning 30 minutes before eating. I have been doing this religiously now for 4 months to find that the medicine just isn t high enough. I sleep all the time, and I am still hoarse, and still battle my moods. I called in to see if he would raise the medication , yet his PA tells me that I must be depressed because my levels are within normal range. I need help. I don t know what to say or do to make them understand how I feel. I am only 21 and they seem to think I am trying to get medication just to take medication and I can assure you that this is NOT the case.
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  55 Awaiting Answer