Diagnosed with Hashimoto s disease. Taking synthroid. Need change in dosage?

I recently had blood work done to check my thyroid levels and to see if I had hashimoto disease. My naturopath had previously changed my armour thyroid of 1 grain to 12.5 mg of synthroid (half of a 25 mg pill). I had been on this new low dose for approx 3 weeks before the test. I also took my thyroid meds prior to the labwork....not knowing or being told not to take it. The results were....TSH high 8.360, Thyroid Peroxidase high 179, and anti thyroglobulin high 70.
She is telling me the test results were inconclusive since I took my meds the morning of the test and wants me to retake the test.
My question is....being on such a LOW dose of synthroid, would not taking it really show a huge change?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013