Diagnosed with Hashimoto. Had hysterectomy, developed keloids along incision. Worried about keloids after surgery. Suggestions?

I am 56 and have been diagnosed with hashimoto with an enlarged thyroid . My health for the last year has been deteriorating after always being healthy and very active. In April, I had a radical hysterectomy which went well via davinci surgery. Unfortunately, I have grown and can t get them to stop large painful keloids at my incisions. The most painful is about at my belly button and it is about 2.5 in diameter. I have never had keloids in my life until this surgery. I guess I had an adverse reaction to the surgical tape . Now I have horrible painful raised blobs that I fight every day. My ultrasound of my thyroid showed it was full of lots of nodules. If I have to have surgery, I am totally afraid of the fact that I will grow keloids along the incision on my neck. I am freaking out about it but a friend sent me a link that davinci surgery for thyroid is now available where the incisions can be in the arm pit. Is this surgery available safe and a good option for someone like me? Any advise is greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  52 Awaiting Answer