Diagnosed with HSV2, have small sore on scalp, growing in size, has yellow crust. Could it be herpes on scalp?

I have recently been diagnosed with HSV2.. A few days after learning my diagnosis, I noticed a small sore on my scalp .. Not thinking I scratched it, and I thought it was just a patch of dandruff , which I sometimes get. After a few more days it grew to the size of a nickel.. And had a thick yellow crust on it, which I accidentally scraped off with my hair brush. Could this be herpes on my scalp?
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012