Diagnosed with HPV post cervical biopsy and abnormal pap, both partners faithful. Chances of false diagnosis?

My wife has just been diagnosed with HPV from a cervical biopsy , which evolved from an abnormal Pap . How possible is it that this is a false diagnosis? I have never had any kind of sexual encounter with an person other than her, and she says the same about me. Is it possible that there may something else wrong that would make the HPV test positive? She is scheduled for a LEEP procedure in a couple of weeks and she will be tested for HPV again at that time. Should we get a second opinion prior to the LEEP test? If niether of us have been sexually active with other people how could she have contracted HPV?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013