Diagnosed with Graves disease. On medicines. Left ankle swollen, tender to touch. Solution?

4 weeks ago I was diagnosed with graves decease - it was toxic my medication is noemercazole. tablets just reduced from 9per day to 4 2 twice a day morning and night i am on metropole tartate and warfrin ( currently 6 gm daily until INR is maintained between 2-3. My left ankle is very swollen and was broken 10 years ago. quite a bit of fluid and very tender to the touch. My thyroid specialist said it should settle down now that my medication has been reduced as on of my T readings has gone into a negative position dure to taking such a hight dose of neomercazole previously. Will the ankle return to normal soon and is this common - how can I assist the swelling - currenly wearing a compression stocking and keeping foot elevated as pften as possible thanku
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012