Diagnosed with Graves disease. Having continuous heavy bleeding. Hormonal changes caused by Graves disease?

Hi. I am 44 and recently diagnosed with Graves disease but mild. I take 5mg of Carbimazole daily, my Free T4 is now in normal range but TSH suppressed. I have had no symptoms of over active thyroid at all except for menstrual problems, which made me go to the Drs in the first place. After 7 weeks with out a period, I have now been bleeding for 3 1/2 weeks. Its intermittently heavy and is not stopping. I don t have any pain. I had a uterine ultrasound in JUly which was normal. Is the Graves disease causing these hormone problems - I am very depressed about it all. Drs don t seem that bothered - maybe they think women in their 40s don t deserve a sex life!
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012