Diagnosed with DVT, clots in lungs. Taking Coumadin. Suffering from aphasia and memory problems. Are these related to depression or brain functioning?

My husband had DVT and ended up in ER with several clots I his lungs. It took awhile for him robe diagnosed so he may have had it and known it for several months prior to being admitted toER room. He s on Coumadin and recovering but he has noticed some minor aphasia and some memory problems. His dr says that the memory and foggy thinking are a result of depression . Does that sound right?? He was defiantly depressed and had some anxiety but his minor speech problems to us seem like he may have lost some brain function . What could have caused these types of problems
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012