Diagnosed with Chiari malformation. Had a mechanical replacement for mitral valve in the past. On blood thinners. Chari surgery postponed. Suggestions?

I have been diagnosed with a Chiari 1 Malformation with Syrinx and have been seen by a neurosurgeon who confirmed I am a surgical case. However, due to prior heart issues I have a mechanical replacement for my mitral valve and am on blood thinners. My cardiologist has said that I can t be released for the Chiari surgery as I cannot be off the Coumadin for the six weeks required post-op. Are there any other options and where would I look for help managing my symptoms? Thank you!
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013