Diagnosed with Carpal tunnel syndrome. Numbness, tingling radiates from elbows to forearm. Difficult to lift things. Ulnar issue?

After a very cursory exam I was diagnosed with carpal tunnel . It comes and goes but is not going away despite wearing a wrist stablizer. I have not had much if any wrist pain, but the funny bone ( ulnar nerve I think?) area has been very sore at times. Numbness and tingling radiates from the elbow down to the hand. Usually only the thumb side--the little finger and one next to often don t tingle at all. That hand and forearm can also be very weak at times--and picking up anything with any weight with that arm--e.g. a carton of milk--hurts. I m wondering if there s possibly an ulnar (or whatever nerve is in the elbow) issue rather than a wrist carpal tunnel issue--and if so, when I go back to the doctor what to suggest they do to diagnose it?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013