Diagnosed with COPD and LV dysfunction. On mechanical ventilator.Had breathlessness and cardiac arrest after SMOF liquid infusion. Right treatment?

My dad was diagnosed with COPD and LV dysfunction. He was on mechanical ventillator for 4 days and he came out of it. Later the doctors administered SMOFlipid infusion during the night.The next day morning he had severe breathlessness and had cardiac arrest . His chest X ray showed lots of whiteshadows on the morning. He was alright the night , before he was administered SMOFLipid infusion, with oxygen therapy .I suspect that he should not have been administered SMOFLipid in his medical condition. I read a bit about SMOFLipid and it mentions that it should not be administered to patients with Pulmonary Odema and decompensated cardiac function. I just want to know that this was a wrong step by the doctors, so that they dont repeat this mistake in future to other patients
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013