Diagnosed with COPD. Lung CT showed nodules. History of breast cancer. When will the nodules be biopsied?

Oct 19, I was dx with COPD and had a Lung CT (w/ contrast), that showed a left upper nodule 3mm, and a nodule on the adrenal gland of 1.8X 1.7cm. Feb 25, the CT w/o contrast was done. That one shows: a nodule with in the right lower lobe in the costophrenic sulcus measuring approx 6 mm. There are also a few clustered nodules seen within the right upper lobe in a relative band like distribution posteriorly along the major fissure . There is surrounding ground glass attenuation. There are a few ill defined smaller nodular opacities similarly within the left upper lobe along the major fissure as well. The largest of these nodules within the right upper lobe measures approximately 7 mm in short axis. There are a few scattered linear opacaties at the lung bases, likely due to subsegmental atelectasis. My hx includes Left side Breast cancer with mast, chemo , anti-hormone tx and I believe the 7 mm is actually in the upper left lobe and was misinterpreted, printed or such. My question is, my pulm. Doctor wants to wait yet another 3 months to see if this things grows more. I m really worried about that, b/c I smoked for 40+ years and lost my father to lung cancer from smoking all his life also about 25 years ago. I am 54 and quit smoking January 5 of this year. Is it common to NOT bipsy these nodules till they are large? And how large before they are usually biopsied?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013