Diagnosed with C diff and given Vancomycin and switched to Flagyl. Diarrhea, no abdominal pain. Suggestion?

My 90 yr old mother was diagnosed with c diff, acquired in the hospital several weeks ago. She was about 93 lbs then, she is down to 87 lbs now. They gave her Vancomycin and then switched to Flagyl. She is now also taking Florastor twice a day. She continues to have diarrhea. I don't think it is considered severe? Because she doesn't have abdominal pain or bloody stool, but she is getting really depressed because she cannot eat without pretty much immediately defecating, and she does need to eat. She is in a nursing center, under the care if an overextended physician, who has not seen her since Sept 20. She is in Pittsburgh, I am in Chicago, and I don't know what to do. She has had I think 2 cultures come back negative for c diff now, but does that mean anything while she is on the Flagyl?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013