Diagnosed with Asperger syndrome. Become sensitive 2 weeks before periods. Have suicidal, violent thoughts while experiencing PMS. PMDD?

I have been diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome (high-functioning form of Autism ) and I get VERY irritable and sensitive during the 1-2 weeks before my period! I have even said REALLY nasty things because of PMS! Of course, many people with Asperger s (and other forms of Autism) have difficulty thinking about other people s feelings. That gets worse right before my period when my hormones are going all crazy. Sometimes PMS gets SO bad for me that I think about hurting people over even the slightest annoyances! The good part is that most people come out unscathed! I have even had suicidal thoughts because I was PMSing and somebody reminded me of what I was supposed to be doing or reprimanded me for not doing what I was asked! Should I see my doctor to see if this is part PMS and part Asperger s or whether I might also have PMDD? Should I ask my doctor if he thinks I might need to go on birth control pills?
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  67 Awaiting Answer