Diagnosed with Acute right Mastoiditis, never completely got over it. Pain on left side due to middle ear infection. Causes ?

I was diagnosed with Acute right Mastoiditis in November of 2012. I have never completely gotton over this and now the pain is on my left side and pretty severe. They say it is caused by a middle ear infection , however Dr s have never found an infection and I have never ran a fever? I also have had 2 ct scans, one at the hospital where I was originally diagnosed. What could be causing this?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013