Diagnosed with Achiles rupture, scheduled for surgery. Heel turned purplish. Matter of concern?

I had been diagnosed with an achiles rupture on Tuesday and am schedule for surgery Wednesday of next week; however, I am conconerned now because the area on the inside of foot , near the heal, has turned a dark red/purplish color. Is this apart of having a broken achiles or should I go to the emergency room as this mean something has worsened?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013

If there is infection near heel then you may need to wait for surgery.
Its not a emergency surgery,so you need to consult doctor and confirm that there is no infection in swelling .
Apply a supportive splint and keep limb elevated to reduce pressure.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.