Diagnosed with 1 cm hole in skull. What is this disease ?

15 years ago I was *diagnosed* with hole in my skull that was 1 cm in diameter. It definitely was not multiple meloma. The neurologist labeled the condition as a *Something* that is very rare. It apparently will eat through the bone of the skull then stops once it reaches the brain tissue . Would you by any chance be able to tell me what that *something* is that I was *diagnosed* as having?? For the life of me I can not remember. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
I can reassure you that there is no such condition as you describe it. If you are still worried then see your doctor who will be able to examine your skull and order any necessary investigations.
Dr K A Pottinger,