Diagnosed urethral caruncal or diverticulum, difficulty in urination. Is this an emergency?

Hello, My urologist has diagnosed me with either a urethral caruncal or urethral diverticulum as they arent quite sure just which one it is and they said i need to surgery to have it removed however they will not remove it until i can pay a very large sum for the surgery as they say it is not an emergency, however i am almost to the point where i am not able to pee shouldnt this be considered and emergency?
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012